We continue to monitor COVID-19, flu and other respiratory viruses in our communities. Read the most current information about prevention, testing and where to go if you're sick.

COVID-19 Information
8
 

Meet Our BJC Medical Group Orthopedic Surgeons

Meet Our BJC Medical Group Orthopedic Surgeons

Our board-certified orthopedic surgeons provide extraordinary medical care for you and your family. They believe in a team approach and will coordinate with your primary care doctor and physical therapists to help you recover. 

June 5, 2024 0 Comments
Osteoarthritis of the Knee: Symptoms and Treatment

Osteoarthritis of the Knee: Symptoms and Treatment

Very simply, arthritis is the loss of cartilage, which is what cushions a joint. In the knee, it serves as a pad that helps any time we walk or do any sort of physical activity, keeping the knee mobile and running smoothly. Arthritis can make it difficult to get around as the result of less cushioning.

June 3, 2024 0 Comments
What Is a Stroke and How Can Thrombectomy Help?

What Is a Stroke and How Can Thrombectomy Help?

A stroke is sudden damage to part of the brain from a problem with a blood vessel. About 90% of the time, that’s due to a blood clot or blockage, which chokes off oxygen or nutrients to part of the brain, and the other 10% of the time that can be bleeding into an area of the brain. Thrombectomy is a procedure that opens up an artery to break down or pull out a blood clot.

May 10, 2024 0 Comments
Thrombectomy Capabilities Bring Life-Saving Stroke Care to St. Charles

Thrombectomy Capabilities Bring Life-Saving Stroke Care to St. Charles

As a certified Thrombectomy-Capable Center, we provide potentially life-saving intervention for people facingstrokes. One of our patients, Paul Held, underwent a thrombectomy after his daughter called 911 when hecontacted her while experiencing stroke symptoms. Learn more about Paul’s story and how our partnership with the St. Charles County Ambulance District has helped patients like Paul get quick, effective care.

May 6, 2024 0 Comments
What Happens During Cardiac Catheterization?

What Happens During Cardiac Catheterization?

Cardiac catheterization is a procedure where a catheter, a small hollow tube, is inserted through an artery in the wrist or groin and advanced into the heart, where the doctor can perform a number of tests.

April 1, 2024 0 Comments
Find a doctor or make an appointment: 636.928.WELL
General Information: 800.392.0936
BJC HealthCare